Congratulations to Alicia, Tracy and Linda, winners of last week’s Zipzicles giveaway!
Pretty, pretty! These were almost too pretty to eat. Luckily, I got over that. As soon as I took the camera off the tripod these were immediately devoured by Pat and I. Every. single. crumb.
In this recipe, the olive oil is the star. That being said, it’s important to choose a high quality product. I love Melina’s. Their Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from old orchards in the Kalamata region of Greece. It’s bottled in San Jose, California, which is just a hop skip and a jump away from us here in San Francisco.
This recipe is originally from Farm to Table Geek’s but I came across it on the wonderful White on Rice Couple Blog. It originally called for crème fraîche but I swapped out greek yogurt, which I had on hand and it’s healthier.
Pistachio Olive Oil Mini Tea Cakes
- 2 eggs, divided
- ⅓ c. (66g) sugar
- ⅓ c. (73g.) packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ c. (50g.) high quality olive oil
- ½ c. (125g.) plain greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. orange bitters
- 1 c. (120g.) roasted pistachios,
- 1¼ c. (150g.) flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugars, salt, pepper, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla, and bitters. Add the pistachios and set aside.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Fold into the pistachio mixture.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into pistachio mixture.
- Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tin. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350F for 18 minutes until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes clean.
Melina’s Gourmet Giveaway
You can get up to 5 entries in this giveaway:
1. Leave a comment on this post with your favorite olive oil recipe.
2. Tweet this giveaway and leave a comment with the link!
3. ‘Follow’ Running Blonde on Bloglovin’ or another blog reader and tell me in a comment that you did. If you are already a follower, let me know in a comment!
4. ‘Pin’ this recipe on Pinterest and share the link in a comment!
5. Subscribe to the Running Blonde email list on the left sidebar of this page. Tell me in a comment that you did.
Each one of the above should be a in a separate comment!
Once the giveaway closes, I will put all of the comments in a random number generator and notify the winner over the weekend. Thanks for participating!
This giveaway is brought to you by Melina’s Gourmet Olive Oil. All opinions are my own.