Thanks to the holidays, I’m on currently halfway through a two week vacation from medical school. With the wedding only five months away, I’ve taken this opportunity to do as many wedding projects as I can manage. This basically means I have been glittering everything in sight! Despite my best efforts to lay down newspaper, there was a thick layer of glitter on our living room floor this morning and this afternoon I noticed an impressive layer of gold glitter in Pat’s beard! Needless to say, he was not thrilled.
One of my projects was these easy glitter drink swizzle sticks. This cute and easy DIY is a perfect thing to have on hand for your upcoming party or wedding! You can make them in any color or shape.
DIY Glitter Drink Swizzle Sticks
You will need:
- Paper punch in the size and shape or your choice – I used this 1.25 inch scallop circle punch from EK
- Bamboo Skewers
- Wire Cutters (Optional)
- Cardstock (I used white resume paper)
1. Punch out your shape of choice, two per skewer
2. If your skewers are longer than your drink glasses, use the wire cutters to snip them to your desired height.
3. Open your newspaper and lightly spray a coat of adhesive on it.
4. Line up your punched shapes onto the newspaper.
5. Spray the shapes with adhesive.
6. Coat with glitter and let dry.
7. Hot glue two cutouts around one skewer
You’re all done! Pour yourself a cocktail and enjoy your drink swizzle stick!